When looking for the right pillow, you will be confronted with tons of options, such as polyester, memory foam, microbeads, buckwheat, and feather, among others. In the rest of this article, our focus will be on down pillow, which is known to offer a wide array of benefits. For instance, it is known for being light, cuddly, provision of excellent support, and ability to hold its shape well. It can provide customized comfort, and it is also known for being excellent when it comes to breathability.
With the overwhelming options for a down pillow, making the right decision will never be an easy feat. There are some things that should be taken into account. Take a look at features like the fill power, which will be indicative of the density of the fillings in the pillow. Consider the right shell as well. For your highest level of comfort, consider your sleeping position to choose the best design of a down pillow that will be suited for your needs. If you are clueless about which one to pick, read reviews from other people and learn from their insights.
If you are searching for the best down pillow, you are reading the right article. Keep on reading and we will provide you with an idea on some of the features that you should be looking for. More importantly, we will have a side-by-side comparison of three popular models and see how one is different from the other.
Our Pick: Top 3 Best Down Pillow 2016
Ease Of Cleaning
Warranty and Guarantee
Admit it or not, you are easily tempted to buy any product that comes with a cheap price tag, especially for budget-conscious buyers. However, at all times, you should never make a decision based on price alone. In fact, it is better to spend more if it means being able to enjoy better quality. If you want to have better sleep, invest in a down pillow that will be unrivalled when it comes to quality.
The price of a down pillow can be affected by a number of factors. For instance, it will depend on the fill power. Those with higher fill power, which means that quality is also higher, can be more expensive. The size of the pillow can also have an impact on its price tag, as well as the reputation of the manufacturer. The outer material or the cover of the pillow will also dictate its cost.
One of the first things that should be checked in a down pillow will be its fill power, which is one feature that will differentiate one from the other. Simply put, this is going to be a measurement of the space an ounce of down creates when its maximum loft is reached. The measurement is expressed in cubic inches and will often be clearly indicated from the label of the down pillow.
What is the best fill power for a down pillow? Well, generally speaking, a larger fill power will prove to be a better option. When the fill power is larger, it also means that the down clusters are larger, and hence, it will be able to last longer without having negative impact on firmness and its loft. A higher fill power will also mean better insulation, which will allow the pillow to regulate temperature, and consequently, this can improve your quality of sleep.
- Royal Hotel’s Goose Down Pillow: This model has 750 fill power. Compared to the two other models that are being compared in this article, this is the only one with pure down. With such, we are picking this as the best from the three products.
- Puredown White Goose Feather and Down Pillow: It is important to note that this is not a pure down pillow. Rather, it is combined with white goose feather, unlike in the case of Royal Hotel’s Goose Down Pillow. Therefore, its fill power has not been specified.
- Five Star Down Alternative Pillow: Similar to the case of Puredown White Goose Feather and Down Pillow, it is not also pure down. Rather, it is a down alternative, which is an ideal choice for people with allergies. Its fill power is not also specified.
Another technical specification that should be checked in the evaluation of the options for the best down pillow would be the thread count. It is often expressed in TC followed by the specific number indicating the thread count. It would refer to the specific number of vertical and horizontal threads in one square inch of fabric. In this article, we are recommending that you choose a pillow with higher thread count, which is going to be indicative of better quality.
- Royal Hotel’s Goose Down Pillow: This model has a 500 thread count. Compared to the two other models that we are comparing, this has the highest thread count. This is exactly the reason why we are picking this as the winner when it comes to thread count.
- Puredown White Goose Feather and Down Pillow: This model has a 233 thread count. This has lesser thread count when compared to Royal Hotel’s Goose Down Pillow and Five Star Down Alternative Pillow.
- Five Star Down Alternative Pillow: This model has 300 thread count. This is larger than Puredown White Goose Feather and Down Pillow but lesser when compared to Royal Hotel’s Goose Down Pillow.
You should also take a look at the cover of the down pillow to be able to evaluate how one is different from the other. Ideally, you should choose one with cotton cover, or any other special kind of cotton. Make sure that the cover is hypoallergenic and not prone to dirt. It will also be good if the cover is removable, which will make it easy for you to have it removed and will make the pillow last longer.
- Royal Hotel’s Goose Down Pillow: This model has 100% Egyptian cotton cover. Compared to the two other products that we are comparing, its cover is the best, which is exactly the reason why we are picking it as the winner. Egyptian cotton, compared to regular cotton is softer and more porous, which will have an impact on its ability to absorb moisture. In addition, Egyptian cotton is also more lustrous.
- Puredown White Goose Feather and Down Pillow: This model has 100% cotton cover, which is the same as the cover of Five Star Down Alternative Pillow. It is, however, different from that of Royal Hotel’s Goose Down Pillow.
- Five Star Down Alternative Pillow: This model has 100% cotton cover, similar to Puredown White Goose Feather and Down Pillow.
Ease of Cleaning
For the purpose of this article, when we speak about ease of cleaning, we are talking about whether or not the pillow is machine-washable. It is not enough that the pillow is washable. Most manufacturers will most probably claim that their pillows can be machine-washed. You should take a look at the ability of the pillow to hold the fibers together and to retain its shape in spite of being washed for several times.
- Royal Hotel’s Goose Down Pillow: Although this down pillow is machine-washable, there are some users who complained that after several washes, the quality significantly deteriorates. If you want this to last longer, we highly recommend that you use a pillow cover.
- Puredown White Goose Feather and Down Pillow: Similar to the case of Royal Hotel’s Goose Down Pillow, we also recommend that you use a pillow cover in this product in order to preserve its quality. While it can be machine-washed, its shape can be affected in the long run.
- Five Star Down Alternative Pillow: Compared to Royal Hotel’s Goose Down Pillow and Puredown White Goose Feather and Down Pillow, we are picking this as the best. It can be machine-washed, but more importantly, its fibers stay intact after several washes.
If the manufacturer is confident about the quality of the product, they will not hesitate to offer an extensive warranty coverage. The latter is indicative of how they stand behind the quality of their product. If the pillow has warranty, you can have it returned to the manufacturer within the warranty period if it shows defects or problems with craftsmanship. The manufacturer, on the other hand, must have it replaced or refunded, depending on the warranty policies.
- Royal Hotel’s Goose Down Pillow: We did an online research, but we found no formal warranty from the manufacturer. Nonetheless, there are customers who noted that in spite of the absence of formal warranty, its quality is not questionable.
- Puredown White Goose Feather and Down Pillow: Like in the case of Royal Hotel’s Goose Down Pillow, there is also no formal statement of warranty available online for this pillow.
- Five Star Down Alternative Pillow: Compared to Royal Hotel’s Goose Down Pillow and Five Star Down Alternative Pillow, this is the only one with clearly specified warranty coverage, which is one year.
To improve the quality of your sleep, one of the things that you should do is to invest on the right pillow. In this case, keep in mind that looking for the best down pillow will not be an easy process, especially given the abundance of the choices that you will have. Earlier, we have tackled some of the features that you should consider and compared three of the pillows that will make the best choices. Keeping your eye on these products will make things a lot easier.
From the summary presented in the table above, it is clear that our top recommendation from the three products is the Royal Hotel’s Goose Down Pillow. It is the most expensive from the three, but this does not mean that you should not have it considered at all. It is expensive because its quality is hard to rival. It is a large pillow with a large fill power, which is indicative of its comfort and durability. It also has the best cover and the highest thread count compared to the two other models.
Read more top down comforter 2016
Incoming search terms:
- best down pillows
- best goose down pillow
- down pillow
- down pillows