So, I have the same kind of comforter before this for two years, and I thought of sticking to the tradition. About eight months ago I bought this Pacific Coast Down Comforter Platinum 500 Thread 100% Cotton with Luxurious 650 Pyrénées, and I have been using it on a regular basis, and I must say this is one of my best purchases online. I have found most people struggling to choose the correct Down comforter, due to all the technicalities, so I thought of giving a descriptive review to help you guys.
Covered by 100% Egyptian cotton layering which makes it very soft to touch followed by a fill power of 650 has led this King sized comforter to be warm, breathable and comfortable.
Barrier wave Fabric feels good and the Down remaining in its correct place. The hyper clean feature has led this Comforter to be not only Hypo-allergenic but also very dust proof. There is no doubt that this is a high-quality product and especially fits luxury lovers. Did I mention that the Thread count is 500 and it is the true baffle box construction, which makes it more fluffy and balanced. Insulation is great as well.
This 108 x 98 inch Down comforter fits perfectly on my king sized bed, and I am pleased by the making of the product. The fill power of 650 allows me and my sick brother to breathe freely even when we are in the cloud while it keeps us toasty warm.
Furthermore, astonishingly the Down is still even and fluffy inside. My previous comforters used to get imbalanced when it comes to their Down like my head was warm and feet were cold.
- This Pacific Coast Comforter is still equally warm from everywhere.
- It spreads a few inches away from our bed, not only resulting in a more luxurious feeling, but also a tiny bonus as we can wrap it around us.
- I have only dried cleaned it a few times, and it only gets better with time.
The good news it that it is actually for both cold and warm sleepers. We can use for almost every month in the year except for extreme cold months. It can not fight the harsh cold weather of NYC or other colder areas, yet great support for a moderate climate.
What is not cool about it
However, there is something I do not like about this Comforter.
- Feathers are now poking out more and more, it was perfect the first five months, but now I see many irritating and disturbing feathers.
- It is almost too heavy, thus, it is difficult to handle and extra weight is annoying sometimes.
More importantly, the thread count is too low. There is a risk of Down popping out of the comforter.
How am better off I now?
I was previously using a Platinum Down comforter, by Pacific Coast and I had it for about two years. Compared to that one this version is although slightly expensive, but far more luxurious. Moreover, a little extra feature of Hyper Clean has made it better off. I must say this Comforter has highly added to the looks of my room. Not only does the room look better, but this fluffy cloud covers the bed nicely while it still has all features of a good comforter.
Worth buying or not?
If you are still confused if you should buy this or not, then you are at the right place. This Pacific Coast Down Comforter Platinum 500 Thread 100% Cotton with Luxurious 650 Pyrénées is rated more than four stars is an example of fine quality in itself. I gave it to my grandparents last month, who live in AZ love it! You can give it to any couple or doubles who have a king sized bed and live in an all-weather type region. If you can afford it and are luxury lovers, then mark my words, this Down comforter is a class apart. It has features that most Comforters do not have, which makes it a unique piece.
- It is also very durable, so trust it for longer periods. When I first received, there was no smell at all, so feel free to hop inside as you purchase it.
- Barrier wave fabric together with hyper clean and Baffle box design make it a very trustworthy companion and one of the finest productions by Pacific Coast.
- It will be more suitable for warm sleepers, because of low fill power feature, but you can not use it in too cold weather either.
Don’t wait! If you are looking for a graceful Comforter to cover your large bed and you can afford it, buy it!