Do you wake up in the morning, cold and searching for your comforter, that usually slips down to the bottom of the cover? This is a very common issue with people, including myself. But how do you prevent your comforter from slipping inside your duvet cover? First, let’s look at the issue. The problem occurs as a result of two reasons.
- When you pull up the duvet to cover the face in bed by grabbing the top edge of the duvet cover.
- When you frequently change sides holding the edge of the duvet.
The small gap keeps on increasing until a large gap has developed between the down comforter and duvet cover. In this way, in the middle of the night, the comforter is halfway down your cover, and you are left with the duvet cover only. You can stop this from happening in a few easy steps noted below.
- Take a cord, a large shoelace, or a piece of fabric.
- Cut it into two pieces of a length of 10-12” and two pieces of a length of 3”.
- Sew the small pieces on the outside edge of the top two corners of the down comforter.
- Turn the duvet cover inside out and sew the larger pieces on the top two corners of the duvet cover from the middle of the pieces.
- Bring the down comforter and duvet cover together by bringing together the sewn pieces in place.
- Tie the sewn pieces on both into a bow, repeat the step for both the corners.
- Pull the cover down the comforter and close it.
With the help of these easy steps, the down comforter gets tied up with the duvet cover, and no matter how you drag or pull the cover from the top edge while in bed, it doesn’t slip down leaving you cold in the morning.
If you don’t want to do it yourself, some products below can help you with this issue you can consider:
Last update on 2022-11-28 at 08:44 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API