- 1 What Is a Duvet Cover?
- 2 What Are the Advantages of Using a Duvet Cover?
- 3 How Do I Choose the Right Duvet Cover?
- 4 How to Use a Duvet Cover?
- 5 Comparison Table
- 6 Review of the Best Duvet Covers
- 7 Better Comfort, Better Living
Today, the world of bedding and comfort comprises much more than simply a bed, some pillows and a mattress. Most bedding companies are taking serious steps to improve the quality of your sleep - by providing you with the highest-quality bedding. In this article, I will discuss a few of the best duvet covers available in the market today.
Sleep is an essential component of a healthy life. While it may not be possible for you to control your sleep timings due to work, you could definitely ensure that you enjoy a good night’s sleep whenever you crash.
Nothing comes close to the feeling of curling up under your duvet and enjoying a mug of hot chocolate on a cold or rainy night. Staining your duvet with hot chocolate, however, will definitely spoil your cozy evening.
This makes it important to provide some sort of protection to your precious duvet. The best available solution today is to purchase a high-quality duvet cover that will keep your duvet safe from dust and stains while also keeping you warm.
What Is a Duvet Cover?
I will not be surprised if you have been confused or overwhelmed by terms like ‘duvet’, ‘duvet cover’ and ‘down comforter’. These terms tend to be used interchangeably, but it is important to note that they each have their own distinct meanings. Let us break them down in detail.
A down comforter is a two-layered sheet with fillings of down material like duck and goose feathers. A down comforter helps keep you warm and cozy on cold nights without creating any cold spots in between. It also helps regulate temperature on the inside, between the layers.
A duvet, on the other hand, is a white down and is used to give you comfort while you sleep. Quite often, duvets are referred to as down converters, but this is incorrect. In reality, down converters are filled with goose down while duvets are usually filled with synthetic down.
Like its name suggests, a duvet cover protects your duvet from dirt and smudges that. It is similar to pillowcases.
Duvet covers are available in a variety of colors and can be found easily. A nice cover will complement your bedroom decor while also protecting your duvet. A duvet cover is similar to an envelope, sewn from three ends while the fourth has a zipper or buttons for you to fasten to your comforter.
What Are the Advantages of Using a Duvet Cover?
A duvet cover comes with a lot of benefits apart from providing protection to your duvet. I will be exploring a few of these benefits in this section, so you can decide whether it makes sense for you to buy a duvet cover or not.
This is the first benefit that comes to mind. It is designed to cover your duvet from three sides and secure it from the fourth so that it does not slip off your comforter and can prevent any smudges and dirt from accumulating.
Easy to Clean
A duvet cover is easier to clean than a comforter. It can be machine washed at your home regularly. This eliminates the need for you to carry your duvet cover to the dry cleaner’s for a periodic wash, thus saving time and money.
Helps with the Aesthetics
Duvet covers come in various colors and designs. Therefore, it is very easy to swap them from time to time and give your bedroom a new look every few months. They are also available with matching pillowcase covers for an overall uniform look.
Duvet covers are made using a variety of materials such as flannel and silk. They can be used in different seasons to provide you with different levels of warmth. For example, you could use a flannel cover during the colder months and a cotton cover in the summer.
Ease of Storage
You may think twice before buying multiple duvet covers because space might be a problem. Duvet covers are quite easy to fold and store in cupboards, so you do not have to worry about tucking them away carelessly.
How Do I Choose the Right Duvet Cover?
As I said before, duvet covers come in a variety of materials, colors and designs. It is definitely a good idea to look around and choose something that suits your needs. In the coming section, I will be discussing a few parameters to consider when buying duvet covers.
Like comforters and other bedding options, duvet covers come in many sizes - ranging from king to extra large. These sizes are in tandem with the regular, established sizes of comforters and duvets. This should help you choose the right size for you.
Duvet covers are made using different materials. These materials include cotton, silk, polyester, flannel, tencel and even bamboo! You can also find hybrid brands that use a combination of different materials to create the right texture and comfort.
Thread count is a measure of the number of threads per square inch of fabric. The thread count can vary from 100 to 1,000 depending on the type of fabric. Higher the thread count, better is the quality of your duvet cover.
How to Use a Duvet Cover?
Now that you have an idea of the nitty-gritties of buying and using duvet covers, it is time to consider how you can use it on your comforter or duvet.
- 1Place your comforter on the bed. Turn your duvet cover inside-out and fasten the strings at the farthest end from the opening of your comforter.
- 2Grab the corners of the comforter by putting your arms through the duvet cover.
- 3Lift the comforter and push the duvet cover to the other end of the comforter by smoothening the fabric throughout the process.
- 4Once the comforter is inside the duvet cover completely, secure the cover by using the zipper or the provided buttons.
- 5You have accomplished your mission and can sleep a little better now!
Review of the Best Duvet Covers
While there are quite a number of brands providing a large variety of buying options when it comes to duvet covers, I have tried to pick out a few good options based on their quality, price and value-added features.
- SUPERB MATERIAL-Slip into comfort and luxury! This zebra animal...
- Wrinkle-Free & STAIN RESISTANT- Nanko duvet covers are stain...
- ORIGINAL DESIGN PRODUCTS- We offer you this stylish, elegant and...
- PREMIUM HIGH-QUALITY MATERIAL: Our hotel collection bedding set is...
- QUEEN SIZE: 3-piece set includes one duvet cover and two pillow shams....
- ELEGANT AND VIBRANT: Slip this protective layer over your comforter,...
- TOP QUALITY CONSTRUCTION: 3pc Set - Full/Queen Duvet Cover 90" x 90" ,...
- MONEY SAVING SOLUTION: Our duvet covers act like a giant pillow case...
- LASTING PERFORMANCE: Our Top Selling Quality Bedding is made with the...
- 【Design】Botanical flowers and green leaves floral pattern printed...
- 【Set】1 duvet cover 90x90 inches (queen size), 2 pillow cases 20x26...
- 【Cotton】100% cotton, soft, natural, breathable, durable,...
Better Comfort, Better Living
There is no dearth of research emphasizing the need for a better night’s sleep. Today, there are many options that offer you just that. What’s more, they also bring in an element of aesthetic appeal. When you can have a bedding set that makes you room look better and is cozy and comfortable, what more could you want?